From the stocking to the glistening baubles on the tree, and fiery festive candles to our favourite Christmas jumpers – red is star of the show at this time of year and always puts us in a happy place.
Cheerful and surprisingly easy to weave into whatever festive scheme you’ve set your heart on – from Scandi to traditional to folksy – chances are there’s still a nook or cranny which needs brightening up with some extra seasonal flourish. Life Like Garland
So roll out the red carpet – or just add a pop of crimson with these top finds. There’s no faster route to festive cheer…
1. Stripe Alphabet Initial Embroidered Christmas Tree Decoration, £6, Oliver Bonas
Tree decorations are really having a moment this year, with unexpected twists galore. These cute decos can double up as personalised napkin holders – simply fold and thread your napkin through for a fun favour.
2. Tall Red Candle Holder, £13.95, Annabel James
We love this boho red candle holder, especially if you top with little luxuries such as a matching spiral dinner candle. Take this year’s tablescaping up a notch.
3. Albert Moon Be Nice Be Kind Printed Wall Art, £16, Etsy
‘Tis the season of goodwill – and with its feelgood message, this eye-catching wall art needs a place in your home.
4. The Holly and the Ivy Set of 4 Wine Glasses, £34, Portmeirion
It’s the one time of year when stemware can be showy for all the right reasons. Make this your go-to glass for wine, sherry and even a fine fizz.
5. Christmas Hare Large Platter, £27.95, Annabel James
This sweet little fellow can’t wait to proffer all those party canapés. Especially if you don your Santa hat while serving.
6. Ulster Weavers Nutcracker Parade Recycled Cotton Tea Towel, £7.45, Home Landing
Everyone seems to be going nuts over nutcrackers this year – and with smart designs such these soldier’s on parade, it’s easy to hop on the trend.
7. Red Poinsetta and Bauble Hoop (centre), £14.99; Candy Cane Wreath (top left), £29.99, and Boxwood and Berry Wreath (top right), £21.99, other items from a selection, The Range
From snow-dusted foliage to cute candy canes and bright berries, don’t miss out on the chance to adorn your door, walls or fireplace with a gorgeous festive wreath. Designers are also hanging them on the back of dining chairs and festooning windows with them for maximum impact.
8. Colourworks 3-Piece Knives and Chopping Board Set, £11, Amazon
We think this racy chopping board set is a bit of a steel, especially with a paring knife and all-purpose knife for all your holiday party prep.
9. Christmas Holly Leaf Paper Party Plates, £4.25 for pack of 8, Ginger Ray
For faff-free casual entertaining, these pretty plates with gold trim are just the ticket.
10. Fireside Luxury Scented Candle, Single-Wick, £42, Noble Isle
You can never have enough scented candles this time of year – but if you had to buy just one, with spicy, woody aromas and top notes of ginger, black pepper, vanilla and cinnamon, this cosy concoction gets out vote.
11. Red Deer Throw, £104, JJ Textile
An object of desire, this delightful deer print throw, made with 100% wool, looks tailor-made for a fantasy sleigh ride – or snuggling under when you’ve finished all your Christmas wrapping.
12. White letter to Santa Cushion, £6.30 (was £9), Matalan
Top of our Christmas wish list, themed scatter cushions put everyone in a jolly frame of mind, whether you’ve been naughty or nice.
13. Habitat Red Brushed Check Christmas Bedding Set, from £18.75-£26.25, Habitat
Sprucing up the guest room or just fancy some cosy new bedding? Tartan ticks all the right boxes at this time of year. Style with stag decos and a faux fur throw for log-cabin style sleepovers.
14. Red On White Spotlight Jumbo Storage Bag, £5.95, Rex London
Life Like Garland This oversized storage bag will be your best friend when it comes to ferrying and packing away the kids’ pressies.